School Sports Organising Crew
School Sports Organising Crew are responsible for supporting staff and KS1 children at breaktimes and organizing different sports events through the year such as the Year 2 event after SATs. The SSOC meet each term to determine ways to increase participation and enjoyment through sport at the school.
They run questionnaires involved with this and meet with Tom Ransom, our local SUSTRANS delegate, to promote active lifestyles.
The Sports Captains are responsible for all PE reports for the website and the newsletter; for supporting the PE coordinator in PE across the school through the use of questionnaires, running clubs at lunchtime and monitoring of PE equipment.
The children are responsible for
- writing reports on the sports fixtures for the newsletter and website
- taking photographs of sports events
- being playground leaders
- organising and running inter-school competitions
- help to run Sports Day in their school
- help with the running of different sports events throughout the year
Together these children form a fundamental role in supporting the PE and School Sports in their school, whilst developing their own leadership and communication skills.