Our main objective is to ensure that the children have fun, enjoy their time with us and learn in a calm, relaxed, natural way. We endeavour to provide an educationally stimulating environment in which the children feel valued and able to progress at their own speed. We aim to be approachable, open to parents/carers and their families, knowledgeable and helpful wherever we can.
We encourage all aspects of your child’s development, creating a balance between freedom and discipline, creativity and control.
We strive to achieve this with the following objectives:
- To encourage a family atmosphere, teaching children to have respect for each other, thereby learning to relate to one another and building an attitude of caring and
- To encourage learning through play by providing games and activities which develop your child’s skills and self-awareness.
- To provide materials and challenges aimed at encouraging excitement and motivation for learning.
We aim to provide a safe, caring environment to enhance the development of your child, a place where they can be happy, learn and progress through having fun. What your child learns at Little Stars is the basic foundation for school studies and beyond.
Your child’s ‘Unique Child Profile’ which we use to track your child’s progress and development will be located in your child’s tray enabling you another way to monitor and contribute to your child’s development records.
At Little Stars children will learn to….
- To use language and communicate with other children and adults
- To listen and respond as part of a group
- To enjoy stories, poems and music
- To recognise that written words carry meaning, stories and ideas
- To compare objects/materials and to make predictions about them based upon experience
- To create and recognise patterns and sequences
- To understand simple ideas of length, weight and volume
- To use their senses to enjoy and explore their environment
- To observe living things
- To become aware of other cultures and beliefs
- To name shapes and colours
- To begin to understand how their body works
- To think about other people and their lives
- To acquire the skills and co-ordination they need for both large and small motor skills
- To find ways to tackle problems
- To come to terms with their emotions and learn to express their feelings
All of these skills are vital to every child. They are the tools that aid all future development, both academically and socially.
What Our Families are Saying
The dedication of the staff & their professionalism in their work is of an extremely high level. I couldn’t have wished for a better start to my child’s education. LC
We really appreciate all your amazing hard work & commitment to giving our little ones quality time, attention, & fun activities to inspire & motivate them. SR
Staff are always involved with the children & are genuinely very interested in what the children are doing. Im very aware of the goals my children have achieved & what they are working towards. KC
We’re really pleased with how our child is getting on at Little Stars. He loves going. There is a very warm, friendly & welcoming atmosphere. HR
My child loves preschool & would come 7 days a week if she could! I feel really privileged she has had such a positive start to her education. FB